Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nowhere is safe!

Well that's it! My bank card is no longer safe during the week while I'm at work because in a small town where I thought there were no scrapbooking or crafts shops I stumbled across one by accident (no, honestly!). It's above a lovely little sewing shop that I called into to nosy at ribbons for a UKS ribbon swap, and during a chat with the shop owner - during which I told her I was a scrapbooker - she directed me to the floor above and lo and behold, a mini scrapbooking paradise!

With all the new stash I can already feel myself NEEDING to buy I'm thankful I finally have my own scrapping area and adequate storage at last. For the last six months I have shared a tiny desk with my husband and his trillions of computer parts, but now I have a lovely corner desk with storage above and matching shelves. It's so good to finally have my own space that I can spread out on.



Anyway, as this is my first post I really should tell you a bit more about me and how I came to start scrapbooking. I guess I stumbled across that too really. I wanted to do something a little different with the hundreds of digital photographs I had taken of my son Harry since his birth in February 2005 and a fellow member of a baby forum pointed me in the direction of the UKS website. And that's it, I've never looked back. Only six months later it has taken over my every waking moment. I want to scrap all the time, anything and everything, although I'm meant to be working on an album of my son's first year, but I just keep getting distracted by so many other wonderful memories and opportunities and projects like the 8x8 album I made for my niece's first birthday this month. I'm also trying to complete a few more pages in my Book of Me or BOM and I've just signed up for a CJ - my theme is favourite colours (mine is turquoise by the way!) so that will keep me pretty busy for a while! I really do eat, breathe and sleep scrapbooking!


2 comments:

Nat said...

Great start to your Blog Nat - your new scrapping area is fabulous, and very tidy - fancy coming and organising my craft room for me?!!

Di said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Nat. x