Sunday, August 27, 2006
I didn't manage to get any scrapping done last night again, although I did make it to my desk! I got busy organising my first swap, a hot and cold ribbon swap, which I need after dh let my 14-year-old sister loose on my stash. She has used loads of my best ribbons, but the worst thing is that most of it she just cut up and didn't even use. Aaaarrrrghhh! And I've also been having a mini clear out to raise the last few pounds I need to buy a Craft Robo. My birthday money and commission from selling a story to a magazine hasn't quite covered it, but I'm not far off. I can't wait to get it though, I need it now!
Tomorrow is our second wedding anniversary, which we are celebrating with a party in my mum's new garden. She has so many people coming where as we just have a few close friends coming. I'm really looking forward to it though and taking lots of nice photos to scrap :)
Friday, August 25, 2006
It's my day off today and I'm off to meet a friend for coffee soon. She lives in Paris so I don't see her too often and I'm looking forward to it.
Hopefully I might get some scrapping done this weekend and then I can get back on topic!
See you soon!
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Right I'm off to get some scrapping done so I can start posting some photos of completed LOs as well soon!
Anyway, here are the rest of the photos I wanted to post yesterday of our visit to The Deep. I am in love with the picture of ds and me by the sea and I think it will be the next photo I scrap, after the CJ DLO I'm currently working on. Dh is getting really good with the digital SLR camera my mum lent to us, I haven't been able to get near it but I don't mind as he's given me loads of great photographs to scrap so I'm happy!
Friday, August 18, 2006
I got another call from work this morning to go through what I'll be doing next week. The good news is that I'll actually be taking over the role of news editor, the bad news is that even though I'll be doing the job all week I won't be getting the extra money for it. The big cheese says it's a trial and the experience will be good for me, and I agree it will, but if I'm doing the job I should be paid for it. I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same boss who erased the chief reporter position to save a few pounds. They're so stingy, it's unbelievable.
Anyway, it's meant to be my week off so enough about work! I received the latest issue of Scrapbook Inspirations today and as usual it's full of inspiring LOs (congratulations to all those featured this month) and I love the free gift, although the next one looks even better, again! I really must get some scrapping done tonight instead of surfing the web and watching television again!
Finally, here is my UKS prompt for today. The question is; If you could go back to about the age of 14, when you're just entering your teenage years, what 3-5 pieces of advice would you give yourself?
1) Your mother knows best. Seriously.
2) Like yourself and others will like you too.
3) Keep your options open, don't settle for anything less than perfect.
4) Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. Enjoy being young and carefree.
5) Keep in touch with your true friends, it's too easy to lose touch as you grow up and move on.
That's me done for the day, I'll no doubt report back soon. Byeeee!
Thursday, August 17, 2006
I just received a call from work (even though it's my week off!) and I'm now a very happy bunny. First of all I got my exclusive splash today (front page) with a fantastic story every newspaper in the region and the national newspapers will want now. Secondly a story I sold to a news agency got published in Full House magazine today, which means £100 commission is now winging it's way to me just in time for my birthday next week. And best of all because my deputy editor is off next week I am being temporarily promoted from senior reporter to chief reporter. I had wanted this role permanently when my colleague left it, but cost-cutting meant the company demoted the position to just a senior reporter position, which is what I already have. At least this way I'll get more responsibility and money for the week, and it will be good for my CV. It will mean a lot more work, especially as we have a new reporter starting on Monday and the other has only been with us for two weeks, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Gosh, and I only joined four months ago. I would never have had this opportunity at my last newspaper, so I'm really pleased I got transferred now :)
Anyway, enough about work. I'm taking part in the UKS promt scheme and today's prompt is; Who are the people you've met that you gained the most from?
I would have to say my great-grandmother or Nana. She taught me to knit and ignited my love of crafts from an early age, and she was so warm and kind.
Then of course there's my husband of two years, Gareth. In the seven years we've been together he has given me love, confidence, happiness and our beautiful son, who in turn has given me so much and made me a mummy, which I love being.
I've also being tagged with a little quiz. Here it is, with my answers:
1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? I have no idea! I want to move, but not far, and I'm not exactly sure of where! Maybe a little village just the other side of town. We would be back in Leeds there, where we are both from, and it's a lovely quiet area still close to local amenities and motorways and with a lovely school for Harry. I think I'd be happy there.
2. What's your favourite article of clothing? My jeans, I'm never out of them at home. At work I prefer black or dark trousers, although thanks to the Next sale I'm happily sitting in a pair of brown combat-style trousers at the moment.
3. Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex? A nice smile and sexy eyes :)
4. What's the last CD you bought? KT Tunstall's album. I have no idea where it's gone though, I think my son has hidden it!
5. Where's your favourite place to be? At home, cuddled up with my husband, mmmm :)
6. Where's your least favourite place to be? Work on a Tuesday evening, right on deadline, when I have loads to do and it's getting late and I want to see my son before he goes to bed.
7. What's your favourite place to be massaged? My back, I think. I can't remember ever having a proper massage!
8. Strong in mind or strong in body? Definitely in mind, I'm a weakling!
9. What time do you wake up in the morning? When I really have to, when I've hit snooze three times already and I'm running late! Usually about 7.45am. I'm not a morning person, not until I've had my coffee anyway!
10. What is your favourite kitchen appliance? I don't cook, my husband does. I'd either burn it or give everyone food poisoning! Maybe the kettle, I can't go wrong with that!
11. What makes you really angry? Oh where do I start?! LOL! Dangerous drivers, like yesterday when one lady almost forced us off the motorway, rude and/or selfish people and any sort cruelty to children to name but a few.
12. If you could play any instrument what would it be? I'm really not musical. I think it would be cool to be able to play the piano though.
13. Favourite colour? Turquoise.
14. Sports car or SUV? A nice, economical sports car, like the Street Ka. I have a Ka and I love it, it's gorgeous and so cheap to run.
15. Do you believe in an afterlife? I'd like to think so. I don't know where though.
16. Favourite children's book? Anything by Roald Dahl.
17. What's your favourite season? Summer, I love sunshine and being warm and lightly tanned.
18. What is your least favourite household chore? Emptying my son's nappy bin, yuck!
19. If you could have one super power what would it be? To fly. I love heights and the views from up there would be amazing.
20. If you have a tattoo what is it? Just a little purple rose on my right shoulder. It was my favourite colour at the time.
21. Can you juggle? I used to be able to, not so much anymore.
22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? My Nana (see above). I would ask her why she hoarded so much stuff in her flat!
23. What's your favourite day? Friday. My day off work that I spend with my son. Just him and me having fun.
24. What's in the boot of your car? New nappies, a pair of shoes and a newspaper.
25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? Hamburger, with cheese though, yum. Although I'm meant to be on a diet!
Right, got to go, back soon :)
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
I also really enjoyed making this card for my friend on Sunday. I've only made a couple so far as I got straight into scrapbooking without making cards first, but it was quite rewarding. I'm not quite ready to design my own yet, this one is a scraplift of a card in the Bazzill Colour book, but I think I will get there in my own time :)
Dh and me have just been out for the evening to enjoy a Chinese buffet, it was delicious. We don't get out as much as we used to before we had our gorgeous little boy, so it makes nights like these even nicer. The diet starts tomorrow though, the weight is starting to creep on a bit now as it has with all the women generations above me, so it's time to nip it in the bud and try to lose a stone before I lose control. Bah, I hate salad!
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Anyway, I finally got back into scrapping today at my monthly crop in Leeds. Usually I don't get very much done because I'm too busy trying to decide what to use for my latest LO and browsing the wonderful shop that we use. But today I managed not only to complete a LO but also get the last few of my cards done too. The LO is of me and dh, a photo that was taken during a shoot when we got engaged three-and-a-half years ago. It is our second wedding anniversary this month and I found this picture while looking for prints to scrap while our printer is temporarily out of ink and waiting for a replacement. I'm really glad I found it and decided to scrap it, and if I have time I want to make a little album in time for our anniversary on the 28th.
Right, I must go as dh is going out and I have a friend coming round to watch a DVD. Chat soon :)
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Sorry about the poor quality picture, my camera batteries died before I could get a better one. I think I'll retake it under daylight tomorrow!
Right, better go catch some zzzzzs before work, I was hoping to be finished and tucked up in bed an hour ago, but that was before I kept cutting out paisleys the wrong way round!
Bye for now :)