Sunday, May 02, 2010

Mojo gone AWOL




Just popped on to post this layout that I finally finished the machine stitching on this week. I do like it (apart from the small tear, which I credit to my eldest monkey Harry, thank you Harry) but I can't help thinking most of my layouts lack depth in layers and look so bare. I think I need to stock up on embelishments and bit a bit more slap happy, so to speak lol!



To celebrate International Scrapbooking Day yesterday I went off to scrap at Rachel/reward's house, although I only got 1 layout done - quite a come down from the 8 I finished last time I was there! I blame my loss of mojo, not having Rachel to guide me this time and also Rachel's lovely ma-in-law whisking us away to go wool shopping, which was most welcome! I was a bit naughty and bought two balls of a strange ruffle yarn, but after seeing it used to make a gorgeous handbag and the fact they had it in the same colour as a dress I want to wear to a family wedding next month I think the £5.20 was justified!

Talking of knitting, I really need to get some done. I'm supposed to be knitting a beret for my sister's birthday on the 24th, another hat for a secret birthday gift also later this month and I need to knit a shrug for me to wear to the wedding. I've also been asked to make the Order of Services for that, a million metres of bunting for another family wedding in August and shrugs for my best friend's wedding in October (her, me and the other bridesmaid) plus a ruffles bag if the swatch of her dress matches the yarn. Yikes! You might not see me for a while lol!

X

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great layout...love the colours together!!