Friday, June 11, 2010

60 Minute Makeover - or not!

Ok. Maybe it was a tad unrealistic trying to get our bedroom completely transformed (I'm talking everything new, carpet, furniture, decor, soft furnishings, accessories, and more) in like a week but the dream of my swish new boudoir is being dragged out longer than I'd like, sob. The blame lies with the wardrobes, which aren't now being delivered until the end of this month, and seeing as the new carpet goes down next week this is a problem (I know what you're thinking, but please stay with me!). So we have to clear the room completely for the carpet fitters, which means goodbye rickety old wardrobes, and hello clothes strewn everywhere for a fortnight. Also we can't put our new bed together until we have built the new wardrobes as otherwise there wouldn't be room, so it's either put it up, take it down, put it up again or sleep on the matress on the floor. Sigh. I bet Linda Barker and Laurence Llewenyn Bowen what-his-face don't have to put up with these difficulties! (Not really sure any of this is relevant, apologies people!)

Anyway, these delays have given me extra time to make and buy lots of lovely things for the new room. First up is this fab wire half mannequin which is currently looking adorable on the back of the door (although I'm undecided as to whether this is her permanent new home yet).







I have also made a couple more cushions using my bargain Market offcuts and some lovely fat quarters I have been stashing for this purpose.







Please admire my lovely new shimmery wallpaper in the background, it's soooo preeeeeetty!

Next up I need to go to this fab huge fabric shop I just discovered and buy the lovely cream fabric for my floaty curtains (they'll be more pretty than practical, but then that's what blinds are for - I'll be making those too!) and best of all it's only £2 per metre, woo hoo! Not sure that's all I'll come out with though lol, I am too weak!

I also have some really cute frames to paint with the fab slightly metallic paint I have, and if the vintage pieces of furniture I have bought don't match in colour they might also get the same treatment. Busy busy! Hopefully I'll have more photos soon.

In the meantime, as a reward for getting to the end of this extremely long and terribly dull post, here are the promised photos of my gran's new teacup terrier puppy Charlie.










All together now, awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Back soon, happy crafting :)
Xxx

No comments: