Friday, July 23, 2010

Busy week... as always!

It has been a busy ol' week! Phew!

First off, the baby show went off ok, we met lots of lovely babies and children, and sold a couple of sessions to some lovely new parents, so it was worth all the hard work and stress leading up to and on the day. And it was quite cool, if not totally weird, to check out my old high school 12 years after I last graced it with my presence.

(I'm the one in the middle, black cardigan, standing in front of our big tv!)


Then last Sunday I sent the husband and kids packing, off to the in-laws for the day, so I could get on with stripping... wallpaper that is. I finally managed to be off with the old and on with the new in our bedroom, and later said husband came home and put the new bed up, yay! In fact, the whole room is nearly done now, it just needs a little paint touching up (still), the blinds hanging (actually I need to finish the second one tonight) and for me to pick up my new dressing table stool on Sunday. I can't wait. Thank flip the end is in sight now after so long! Pictures to follow very soon :)

What else? Ooooh, we went to see Toy Story 3 on Wednesday, just me, hubby and Harry while a friend sat Alex. I think I was the most excited out of the three of us, and I wasn't disappointed. It was fantastic! Although a little dark at times, the toys spent the entire movie, it seemed, wandering from one peril straight into the path of another (I won't give too much away though because you have to go see it for yourselves, kids or no kids!)



I also managed to whip up two knitted mug cosies for Harry's teacher and teaching assistant, which I then filled with chocolates, wrapped with cellophane and finished with a pretty ribbon, to say thank you for helping him so much during his first year in school. But did I remember or even have time to take any photos? No, don't be daft! So I'm afraid this blog post is going to have to remain photoless today, sorry, I know it has been a week-long wait too.

Anyways, I am off now to get creative, I am feeling the urge! So hopefully I might be back with something that will satsify a little better tomorrow! Fingers crossed ;)

N xXx

No comments: