Friday, November 19, 2010

Last but not least

As promised, here are the last of my weekend away layouts. Hope you like :)



This seriously needs something. I really shouldn't start a layout at 1am. Zzzzzzzzz.



I love this layout. It's a slight scraplift on one I saved from I-can't-remember-where but had in my iPhone picture roll. I love the instant photo of (almost) us all, which is courtesy of Laura and her fab collection of instant, vintage, retro and funky cameras, and I love the colours. The title was inspired by what I reckon was the most used phrase of the weekend. True story. Lol! I love it!





And this last one I completed just before we left to head all the way up the M1 home. Well, I say completed, it still needs some fab little ink drops all over if I am to stick to the scraplift by Rachel, who scraplifted from Shimelle I think it was. Both totally gorgeous layouts, which I think might be on their respective blogs to enjoy in all their glory. Oh and a big thank you to SJ for the tutorial on making the fab pleated paper rosette thingy-ma-bob!


It has definitely been nice catching up on some much-needed scrapping. I find it so hard to do at home - by the time I have got everything out and taken forever to decide which photo, papers, embelishments, etc to use it's time to pack it all away or I risk the boys trashing it all in the morning. Sigh. I miss my scrap room.

Saying all that though, hopefully this will encourage me to get more done - I think somehow I will be doing :)

Before I go, I just wanted to let you know I will be running a fab prize giveaway on my blog, which will start this weekend and remain open for one week. The runner-up will win a month's supply of Fairy non bio and fabric softener and one lucky winner will receive the same as well as a £50 Mothercare voucher - thanks to the lovely people at Fairy. What a fab early Christmas present, *jealous*. More details and t&cs when I return, watch this space so you don't miss out.

Oh one last thing. Just to answer a question for Emma, who asked about how I felted my slippers. Basically I put them on a 40 degree wash and cancelled the wash, drained the water and fished them out after about 10 minutes to check them, and kept doing that a few times until they were ready (a bit time consuming and annoying but hey ho!) Next time I would probably just leave them on for almost the full cycle as they still came up a little too roomy and I'm sure I read that someone had successfully done that, but the pattern comes with instructions so give them a read and go with whichever you feel more comfortable with.

xXx

No comments: