Sunday, July 03, 2011

Fab family day out! (photo heavy!)

Woweee, what a scorcher it has been today!

We decided to use a recent Groupon voucher purchase and head up to North Yorkshire to a beautiful stately home to see some birds of prey. We saw an amazing display and I even got to hold a fully grown eagle - boy was he heavier than he looked! The boys had fun watching the birds and visiting their homes (Harry wanted to buy his own owl and take him home lol - a boy after my own heart!), as well as enjoying the bouncy castle and trampoline and running through the picturesque grounds.









On the way home we stopped to pick some strawberries at a local farm, and ended up with two big baskest of both strawberries and raspberries for the bargain price of just over £6 (once we found where all the lovely red, ripe and juicy strawberries were hiding!) The boys had loads of fun doing this, and I, being in a short dress, had more fun taking lots of photos lol!

















Yummmmmmmmmy!

And finally, exhausted, we stopped for salad and pizza on the way home, more yummy!


That was the leftovers, which we took home (I blame the diet me and hubby are on, we just can't eat as much anymore - but we have both lost weight, exactly a stone between us in just two weeks, which is fab!). And once I'm no longer stuffed full of stuffed crust pizza, I'm going to think about baking a raspberry crumble and serving up some delicious strawberries and cream, droooooooool! I have tomorrow off work (no Monday blues for me this week!), so I think a spot of baking and crafting is called for ;)

xXx

No comments: