Sunday, August 14, 2011

I like a challenge :)

This weekend I have been trying, when possible, to take part in Shimelle's weekend of scrapbooking challenges and the two I've managed to do so far have really helped to get my creative mojo working...






This layout followed a challenge to start with three sized pieces of paper as a base - an almost sketch if you like. after that you could complete the layout any way you liked. This layout details a knitting workshop I attended recently with the fabulously talented Ysolda Teague at our equally fab local yarn shop Baa Ram Ewe in Leeds. I had a great afternoon learning lots, trying on some sample garments, catching up with friends and trying to decide which pattern to knit first and which yarn to buy for it! I also came away with my lovely new book signed, yay!



This was the original starting point (picture from shimelle.com) - and you can see the original brief for this challenge here.




This next layout was scrapped in response to a late-night challenge to scrap using primarily the colours turquoise, red and white. Well, these being my favourite combinations of colours, and with these holiday photos freshly printed that very evening, that wasn't too much of an ask!

The photos are of me and the boys posing in a photo prop at Butlins a few weeks back - the boys loved jumping behind and grinning while shouting "cheese mum!" it every time we passed by!

Here's the link to the original challenge.

I wasn't planning on taking part, I didn't think I'd have time to, but I'm really glad I have and as it's just turned bedtime o'clock for the boys, I'm planning on getting to it again pretty pronto - can't wait! Thanks Shimelle for getting me scrapping again, the break had been a little too long again and I hadn't realised just quite how much I missed it. :)

xXx

2 comments:

Sarah said...

These are great LOs. Well done x

Donna said...

I know how you feel. Shimelle's weekend has got me scrapping again after a long break and I'm loving it! Great layouts, I enjoyed looking at your work.