Monday, October 03, 2011

How did that happen?!

I didn't realise I hadn't blogged for three weeks until I logged on just now to share this post. Time has flown, although I'm not surprised it has been a while, I've barely had time to craft anything lately never mind actually blog about it thanks to the insanity that is September at my work place.

But, it's a new month (hello October!) and seeing as I missed all the sunshine, and it rained on my only day off yesterday, I got some scrapping (and some knitting) done. Here are the recent layouts I have to share with you...




This was done using Shimelle's most recent sketch. The idea was to use a photo strip, which was my original intention, but once I'd stuck down the papers this picture just seemed to work better. I'm so pleased with the title and the fact I could actually be bothered to machine stitch around the border and to matt the photo.



This was another Shimelle inspiration - started using her new 'starting point' feature, which I am really loving as that's the part I always get stuck on! And I just love this photo of the boys, it's going to have to go in yet another frame on the landing!





This layout is of our summer visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. I had wanted to go see Jaume Plensa's work there for months, and finally we went - and it was just amazing. This piece, entitled 'Twenty-nine Psalms' was my total favourite, probably because not only could you look at it, but you could also touch and hear it too. If you live near the park, you have to go see it - and best of all entrance to the park is free (you just pay a small amount for parking). This was also the ideal layout for diving straight into my new Studio Calico kit (not that I really needed any excuse!)




And finally, this quick vintage-inspired layout was done using photos I was allowed to take home from my grandma's 90th birthday party on Saturday. My granddad was a keen amateur photographer, and I just love all the photos he took of her and their children throughout the decades. She was so smart and glamorous, and pretty, and the photos have a lovely vintage feel to them. This one ended up being first because the papers caught my eye while rummaging through my most recent SC kits, and I knew they would match up with this photo. It's not very often I scrap old photos, but I just couldn't resist this.

Right, better get sorted, get Alex to his childminder and me to work - yep, I'm on the late shift yet again. But I don't mind too much as I'm only working 4 days this week, and have Wednesday off to finally get to knit night and catch up properly with the girls, yay!

xXx

No comments: